Friday, January 22, 2010

Beginnings

Hello everyone,
Passionfood is a trial food blog for me. I'm a first-timer, dipping my toes into the warm, cozy ocean of food blogging, which really isn't as petrifying as it had seemed while I was thumbing through my favorites like La Tartine Gourmande and Orangette--the greats, recognized by the Times, awarded accolades.

So, a little about moi;



I'm a foodie (apparently with a penchant for Jamaica and ankle bracelets), and it was in college, when I finally had my own kitchen (read:laboratory) to preen my unsharpened cooking skills (read:explosives). Thank god I had a mop. However, things weren't always so messy and I wound up cooking some incredible meals: steak and eggs benedict, spinach-and-feta stuffed chicken, potato pancakes (which I have recently improved on with a much more Gentile recipe), marinated pork loin, and so much more.

I guess I should clarify, this blog will not only exalt food, but also drink. I am a beer aficionado, gravitating mostly toward the Belgian, but also German beers. I'm sure there will be some wine-drinking in the mix somewhere (there always is, isn't there?).

Oh! One more thing I should mention: my mother (we will refer to her as mama M) was recently diagnosed with congenital heart failure. And now I am a dedicated, doting, and psychotic daughter, cooking low-sodium, low-sugar (mama M is a diabetic), and low-fat meals.

Adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment